eezym Herbal Fresh spray certified A+ by Air Label Score
Pollutants are everywhere in the home, enclosed spaces and workplaces. Paint, floors, furniture, insulation, scented candles and other home fragrances, tobacco and household cleaning products can all be sources of pollution.
The guarantee of clear information for consumers!
Indoor air pollution has always been a concern for Realco’s laboratories. It is therefore important for us to have our household cleaners certified by an independent firm, Air Label ScoreGAelle JaCques / Marketing manager
Nowadays, household products mention partial information, grouped around generic terms… It is impossible for the consumer to understand and recognise the toxicity or otherwise of the product when using it.
The Air Label Score is the first international certification that clearly identifies the least emissive products. Each product tested receives a score ranging from A+ (very low emissions) to C (high emissions) representative of the product’s emissions. Thanks to this label, consumers can now select the least harmful products by inhalation and check at a glance the quality of a household product.
Indoor air pollution: an invisible risk
- We breathe 12,000 litres of air every day*.
- Belgians spend almost 80% of their time indoors*.
- Indoor air is on average 8 times more polluted than outdoor air*.
- There are over 500 volatile organic compounds in indoor air, including several carcinogens*.
- 79% of homes are toxic and 42% of interiors contain an average of 4 carcinogenic pollutants*.
*Voisin, C., Chasseur, C., Gosselin, P., Fierens, S., &Van Nieuwenhuyse A. (2012). Institut scientifique de santé publique : Pollution de l’air intérieur. Bruxelles : Dr Johan Peeters. Centre Urbain asbl. (2013)
Air Label Score, 1st independent label
It is essential for a label to be independent of any interest group in order to maintain its objectivity. This is why the Label ensures its independence at all levels:
- States and institutions: the label receives no institutional funding
- Laboratories: the label only works with independent laboratories accredited by national accreditation bodies (Belac for Belgium)